4 early signs you may be suffering from/have a hearing loss
Most signs of hearing loss are subtle and emerge very slowly. Occasionally hearing loss may happen suddenly and be major. Here are 4 early signs of hearing loss that you should be aware of.
These are 4 early signs you might have a hearing loss. . .
1. Do you avoid going to coffee shops, restaurants, even meetings because you:
- Have to ask for someone to repeat what they say.
- Are having difficulty following conversations involving more than 2 people.
- Are having trouble hearing children and women.
- Find yourself answering or responding inappropriately in conversations.
2. Have these medical conditions
- Cardiovascular disease.
- Autoimmune disease
- Are prone to falls
3. Those who love you the most are telling you:
- To clean your ears
- Your TV is too loud
- They are tired of repeating themselves
- They are embarrassed by you giving the wrong answer to a question in social situations
- They don’t like how you are not talking to them when you go out. It isn’t always just because you have nothing to say to them, it may be just too hard to have a conversation.
- You don’t hear your phone ring.
4. You may notice that:
- Certain sounds annoy you that previously didn’t bother you.
- There is a ringing noise in your ear or head when it’s quiet.
- People don’t speak as well as they used to.
Seek independent and impartial advice from an experienced audiologist.
This article was first published at hearingcareprofessionals.com.au. Nolene Nielson is an experienced Brisbane Audiologist whose independent audiology practice is part of a new direction in hearing health care.